Wednesday 17 July 2013

Green smoothie


I must admit I have been slack when it comes to making green smoothies, but this morning I threw one together from the contents in my fridge.

Approx 40 g baby spinach
2 cm cube of peeled ginger
1 apple quartered
1 pear quartered
the flesh of 1 lemon and 1 orange
a handful of ice cubes
100 ml of water
Blitz on speed 9 for 1 minute and done!

It was delicious and much better for me than a Berocca! one out of my 3 boys drank a whole glass. Hopefully if my husband and I lead by example the other 2 might be more inclined to drink one. A great way to get an extra serve of fruit and veg into your day!

A fellow consultant passed on a great tip to me. At the start of each week chop up the contents for a green smoothie and store it in individual portions in a zip lock bag in the freezer, then you don't have to worry about adding the ice, just some extra water. I'm going to give it a go!




No comments:

Post a Comment