Thursday 15 August 2013

Never split mayonnaise!





Perfect mayonnaise in about 4 minutes!
 Whole egg mayonnaise in the thermie (5 ingredients)
 List of ingredients on shop bough whole egg mayonnaise (12 ingredients)

When I first got my thermomix I had a couple of mayonnaise fails, until I was introduced to this quick and easy recipe by my lovely Group Leader Elisabeth Higgins:

Ingredients:
1-3 cloves of fresh garlic, peeled OPTIONAL (I use 1 clove)
1 whole egg (straight from fridge)
25g Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp salt
250g neutral tasting oil (not EVOO, I use grape seed oil)
1-2 tsp lemon juice, to taste

Method:
Chop garlic 5 sec/sp7.
Add whole egg, mustard and salt to bowl and mix for 1 min/37C/sp4.
Open lid and distribute any mustard sitting on blades or base of bowl.
Replace lid and put measuring jug on top. Set scales and weigh 250g of oil into measuring jug.
Remove measuring jug and put MC in place.
With blades running on sp 4 and MC in place, pour oil slowly in a steady stream onto the lid of the TM. Push TM down if it is trying to lift itself.
Once all the oil has run through and the noise of the blades running has changed your mayo is ready!
Do the taste test and add lemon juice with blades running again on sp 4.

ENJOY!!


No comments:

Post a Comment